This is the beginning priority list I’ve come up with for my endeavor. Other interests will become more important after my thesis is complete.
- Get in shape
(Generically, the “Plan”)
This is nothing trivial! I need a daily fitness regiment AND a diet plan that is sustainable. This also requires extensive tracking and analysis. Tracking statistics must not become a tool for obsession! Instead, it should be used to help tweak the plan.
The feedback loop updates the Plan monthly, which is defined in the Plan itself (this way, if monthly updates don’t work well, the Plan can be changed). –> (System Engineering at its finest). This simple feedback loop may work well for any task or interest.
- Complete the Thesis There’s nothing here to be afraid of! Mainly I need to spend extra time in my office working. This can be difficult with family upstairs, so a Schedule is required; something the family can sign off on. This also means giving up on (most) TV, but this is a requirement for an overall method of Mastery.
One must be developed to include the above and future tasks while including time for the family.
- The Schedule will not be broken!
- Extenuating Circumstances may apply.
- Deviation results in an immediate return to Schedule.
- The Plan will not be deviated from!
- Extenuating Circumstances DO NOT APPLY!
- Deviations are a metric.
- Deviation results in an immediate return to Plan.
- The Plan will be modified only by the Feedback Loop.
- Deviations are to be AVOIDED at all cost!